by Gary N. Felder and Kenny M. Felder
Below are the errors we are aware of in the text. Of course if you've found any others we want to hear about them. Please email us at the link at the bottom of the page.
- Pages 29-30: In the example that spans these two pages, the man and woman switched places. The picture at the top of page 30 should show the man running left on top and the woman standing still below that. (Credit to Jerome Fung)
- Page 35: In Part a of Problem 20, "the moment the clock passes Earth" should be "the moment the rocket passes Earth." (Credit to Jerome Fung)
- Pages 70-71: The velocities in Figure 2.9 (p. 70) should be unprimed and those in Figure 2.10 (p. 71) should be primed. (Credit to Jerome Fung)
- Page 83: The velocities in Figure 2.14 should be unprimed and those in Figure 2.15 should be primed. (Credit to Jerome Fung)
- Page 107: In the last paragraph, "This well just form" should say "This may be." (Credit to Leila Cowan)
- Page 141: In the last paragraph of the last bullet point on the page, "the average over many electrons" should say "the average over many waves." (Credit to Noah Leaf)
- Page 256: In Problem 11, the parts are labeled a, b, c, a, b, c instead of a, b, c, d, e, f.
- Page 274: In the third paragraph under the heading "Wave Packets and Normalization," the word "uncertainly" should be "uncertainty." (Credit to Caroline Faust)
- Page 281: In the figure in the example, the vertical axis on the right should be labeled |psi-hat(k)|^2. It is missing the "hat" (aka "caret") above the psi. (Credit to Noah Leaf)
- Page 310: In the last paragraph before the heading "A Tale of Two Equations," the first sentence says "... remember that the time-independent Schrodinger equation ...," but it should be "... remember that the time-dependent Schrodinger equation ... ."
- Page 600: In the box in Figure 13.1, it says hadrons feel "stong force." That should be "strong force." (Credit to Vera Backman)